When the time comes to sell your home it is important to ensure that you entrust your sale to a reputable estate agent, if the stress of selling is to be minimised.
However, the most successful sales tend to be those where the seller and agent work hand in hand during the marketing process. Here are some pointers:
• Be open with your agent about any problems with the property. Even if these cannot be solved, awareness of an issue could save a sale.
• Ensure your agent is properly informed about which fixtures and fittings will be staying/going. (NB watch the terminology here: “staying with you” or “staying with the house”?)
• Tell your agent if you have any direct buyer enquiries – it can avoid confusion over commission.
• Ideally your agent should accompany all viewings, but if you show the buyers round yourself, immediately let your agent know how the viewing went, so he/she can follow-up appropriately.
• Keep the house and garden clean and tidy at all times – you never know when you might get a short-notice viewing, or interested parties peering over the fence.
• Aim to be as flexible as possible over viewing times and completion dates.
• Agree to listen constructively to your agent’s feedback and recommendations.
As your selling agent, we share your objectives – to achieve the fastest sale at the highest possible price with minimum disruption to your lifestyle. So help us to help you. After all – we’re on your side!